• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Malayne's Life At The Click Of A Button

Called to Lead

Kaleo Ministry


So considering what time it is, which is 11:22 pm, I don’t have much time to write this blog before it reaches tomorrow. But I would like to give you all a quick update on what has happened this last week and what is about to happen this week.

Monday started off with a drive down to Tofino. We enjoyed the sunshine and the rain, the smell of the ocean and the smell of chicken dinner.

It was a great 2 days of surfing. Apparently the waves were 30 feet, according to Jim. But I on the other hand wouldn’t know because I decided not to surf. Instead I enjoyed spending my time on the beach with Shannon and Miranda discussing consumerism and reminiscing about the past and the future. Interesting topics I must say. I will miss those chats.

We managed to arrive back to camp on Wednesday just before supper. We ate quickly and then the warmland crew booked it over to the church to lead the youth group. Unfortunately it was our final last youth group of the Kaleo year. We had a farewell cake for the six of us and played games with the kids that kept us busy all night. It was a great way to kick off the end of the year. I will miss those kids.

On Thursday at around 11:00 8 of us students left for the amazing white water KAYAKING adventure. It was great. Although we were more in the calmer parts of the water (not so much rapids) we had some good fun. Lots of splashing, kicking, swimming, laughing, and only one occurrence of being slapped in the face by a tree (poor Jeremiah). We were out there for about 3 hours with two really great guides. I will miss those guides

Last but not least, we had a Friday morning chapel to celebrate Jesus. We read the story of the crucifixion as the bible was passed around the circle. Our chapel was down at the dock. Perfect sunny weather too. My roommate Jayme shared her testimony. It was beautiful. I love her and will miss her. And I will also miss those amazing dock chapels

Saturday. Lets just say I stayed up way too late doing…nothing. Well not nothing. But nothing that is productive, like say…finishing my 2500 word essay. I think I got about 500 words in before I called it quits. Luckily I finished it today. No more papers! I will NOT miss writing papers.

And that concludes Malayne’s weekly update. Thank you for reading.
..whoa..this is potentially my last blog. NO! It can’t be. Please don’t think this is the end just yet. I will post my final blog SATURDAY night. Saying goodbye to my fellow readers. That will be a sad moment. I will miss blogging
Until Saturday,

Malayne


Read More 1 Comment | Posted by Malayne edit post

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on April 15, 2009 at 11:18 AM

    Heyy!!!!
    ahah i love how saturday night was unproductive!! with papers...but you still talked to me!! haha :)!! Sounds like your week was awesome and full of exciting things!! I am very sad that the next blog will be your last blog! Cant wait to read it!! Love yah!
    Tracey

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Color Paper

  • About
      About me. Edit this in the options panel.
  • Cathedral Park

    Cathedral Park

    SALTS

    SALTS

    E.P.I.C Mission

    E.P.I.C Mission

    Labels

    • The Roomies (1)

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2009 (11)
      • ▼  April (3)
        • One more time… I am sitting in our chev truck, dri...
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Ministry
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2008 (12)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ►  September (2)
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Malayne's Life at the Click of a Button. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top