• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Malayne's Life At The Click Of A Button

Called to Lead

Kaleo Ministry

I sit here, outside on the porch, basking in the lovely +15 sunny weather, while of course listening to Jack Johnson (can't go wrong with Johnson, classic summer music), thinking of where to start first. A lot of interesting and unexpected things have occurred throughout this week. Good and Bad. So without anymore delay, I will try to touch on these subjects as promptly as possible.

Although what i am about to write is not in correct order of the week, i feel like i should share this news first because it is amazing! This weekend, the camp had a juniors retreat stay for 3 nights. The name of the retreat was called "A super good feeling!"-haha. A lot of the Kaleo (as well as myself) participated in helping run the programs and give our time to kitchen help and dishes so the camp could run somewhat smoothly. A girl named Grace that is apart of John, Leila, Jayme and Danielle's youth group decided to sign up and come on staff for the weekend. She helped me, and along with others in the dish pit. Grace has been around here for a while, coming out every now to hangout with us. It has been an amazing blessing having her here. She is such an incredible girl. This weekend she had decided to committ her life to Christ. I must admit. I have never seen anyone so happy and rediculosly over-joyed. She was overflowing with Joy. She wanted to tell anyone and everyone what she had done here at camp this weekend. Kylie was given that opportunity to be apart of Grace's committment to the Lord. "Before I would have to hide my bible under my bed because I was so scared...but now, I feel no judement. I want to tell the world" is what Grace said to me afterwards. I deffinitly teared up a bit. Her life is going to be so different and I am so excited for her. I am excited for her to struggle and know that she has Christ with her. I am excited for her to share the Lord with her friends and family, and I am so exicted that she is now apart of our family. What a super GOOD feeling- haha! One more thing that Grace said to me and a few other girls, today actually was, "Isn't Jim Badke done?" what she meant was, isn't he done with learning about God. That was a pretty sweet thing that she asked, because even though as wise and experienced as Jim Badke (our Kaleo lealder) is, we never stops learning about the mysteries and works of God. Each day is something new, and each day is so beautiful. You never know what God is going to do for you with  you. 

Anyways, that was mainly my amazing news...so what else happened this week. oh right..CLASS
Last week was our official last class for the year. Apparently what we learned was worldviews of society and worldviews of Christians and how they are significantly different and completley counteract each other. I must say. I really struggled with it. Not because it was hard or felt like i could not comprehend it, but because my mind was lost. Seriously, I don't know where it was, but i literally do not remember anything about that class, which (for lack of a better word) sucks. One quote that I remember which is quite famous is, " I think, therefore I am"- Rene Decartes. A man of complete disaster (that is one thing i know). His views were rediculous. Something that our professor told us on what that quote should really be is, "I love, therefore I am." I am not sure if I fully understand this but if I am on the right path i think that means, to have love in your life, which is Christ's love and how you use that, then the "I am" part means we exist because of God. which is by far a whole different level than what Descarete is thinking. I thought it was a pretty cool quote. Brings forth depth to your thoughts at least. 

This week we are off from Monday until Wednesday evening to Ucluelet again to go surfing and hangout. We are actually going back to Tofinio to surf but staying in Uclulet at the same church that our mission's team stayed at. It has come at a perfect time. I think we all need a few days to hangout and be together. We still have some papers to write when we get back, but i guess we will worry about that when the time comes. So surfs up! 

So i am excited for this week, excited to hangout and spend the time we have with the people i love before it is time to leave. Excited for God to reveal new things, excited to learn and to laugh. 

Blessings

Malayne 




Read More 2 comments | Posted by Malayne edit post

2 comments

  1. Anonymous on April 8, 2009 at 8:57 PM

    Wow Malayne so many amazing things are happening! I look forward to each new blog so i can hear about the things God is doing at Kaleo!!
    For the last two days i have wondered where you have been...i havent talked to you since sunday!! haha but now reading this i understand!! :P anyways!!!! I am excited to read your next blog and for you to come home so that i can hear more amazing stories about the things God has done and is doing in your life!! Love yah lots!!
    Tracey

     
  2. MOM on April 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

    Malayne,
    What amazing stories you have to tell and keep in your heart for ever. Tell them often and keep God's love alive. As you tell others of what God has taught you you will renew your love for Him. I am so glad to made the decision to attend Kaleo. What a wonderful kick start to your life as an adult. God is Good!
    Love MOM

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Color Paper

  • About
      About me. Edit this in the options panel.
  • Cathedral Park

    Cathedral Park

    SALTS

    SALTS

    E.P.I.C Mission

    E.P.I.C Mission

    Labels

    • The Roomies (1)

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2009 (11)
      • ▼  April (3)
        • One more time… I am sitting in our chev truck, dri...
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Ministry
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2008 (12)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ►  September (2)
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Malayne's Life at the Click of a Button. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top