• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Malayne's Life At The Click Of A Button

Called to Lead

Kaleo Ministry

Good Morning all...well good afternoon for you! 

This week has certainly been quite eventful. A lot of homework, youth group preparation, girl's night, and Valentine's Day were all significant events of a great week. 

Our head Youth Leader, Stevie-G (as we like to call him), gave us six Warmlander's the opportunity to organize and run the Wednesday night grade 5-7 youth group. Considering Valentine's Day was a few short days away, we decided to bring the theme of "love" out of the closet. One thing that was mainly talked about was the Greek word "Agape" which means thee presents divine, unconditional, self-sacrificing, active, and thoughtful love. God gives us this love daily. With his love, a lot of other characteristics fall into place like grace and mercy, forgivness and compassion. We then brought up the topic of fear. What do you fear in your hearts? With that being said, we couldn't think of a better peice of scripture that suits the topic any better than 1 John 4:18 wich says, "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." A lot of questions were brought up from the kids which was super encouraging for me to hear because they don't normally listen and usually goof around during group time..but yeah, it was really great. 

On Thursday night, all of us girls drove over to the guest house and had a sleep over there. It was a night like no other. Typical girl games were played such as, "truth or dare", "two truth's and a lie," and a dance party. It was such a great night. Obviously we know each other a lot more so it was a really comfortable and relaxing time to just be girls and be silly. At the end of the night Kristy wanted us to write our names down on a peice of paper and in a circle, we passed our name around and each person had to put something that was encouraging on the paper. I really enjoyed it. Sometime as girls, we look at ourselves a lot differently than other people do. We critque and critisize our image and our personalities to the max. So when I got my peice of paper back, there were a lot of things that I didn't think I portrayed or even thought about, so it was really cool to see what other people thought about me and to have that affirmed. 

So Valentin's Day...Congradulations to Shannon Allison and her new FIANCE Jonathon. They were engaged on the 14th. There was romance and love in the air all over Kaleo. Surprises, scavenger hunts, limo's and good meals. My roomates and I went out for a round of bowling and milkshakes with our "brother room" downstairs. It was really fun and glad I got to go do something. 

So this week I come home! I am really excited to see everyone. The downside of this break is that it is a "reading break" meaning I have A LOT of homework to catch up and finish before I leave back to BC. I will mainly be nesstled away in my room with books surrounding every corner, but I'm sure I will find some time to hangout with everyone and relax, share some good stories and some good laughs.

Thanks for reading my BLOG and I will return next week. God Bless you and your week. 

Malayne 
Read More 2 comments | Posted by Malayne edit post

2 comments

  1. Miranda on February 16, 2009 at 5:16 PM

    except its not even your brother room it was ours... :P

     
  2. Anonymous on March 1, 2009 at 6:02 PM

    haha sorry im reading this a bit late haha!!
    sounds like you had an awesome week!! and it was fun that you came back to the fort for a bit!!we didnt really get to hang out to much!! oh well sounds like your time has been really good! talk to you soon
    Tracey

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Color Paper

  • About
      About me. Edit this in the options panel.
  • Cathedral Park

    Cathedral Park

    SALTS

    SALTS

    E.P.I.C Mission

    E.P.I.C Mission

    Labels

    • The Roomies (1)

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2009 (11)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ▼  February (3)
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Ministry
      • ►  January (2)
    • ►  2008 (12)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ►  September (2)
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Malayne's Life at the Click of a Button. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top