PAPERS, PAPERS...AND MORE PAPERS!!
This picture here can pretty much sum up my week. My days consisted of skipping meals, taking naps, drinking A LOT of coffee, staying up until three in morning, and reading until your brain is fried... pretty much sums of the life of a college student. Luckly I somehow managed to complete everything in time (Literally with one minute to spare). The book we had to read for our next class was on "How to Read the Bible for All its Worth". It is all about translating and interpreting the bible to get as much out of it as you can rather then skimming over the words and coming out empty handed. It was a very dry and challenging book and i really did not take much interest in it..but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Our Hermeneutics class starts tomorrow. Merrill Dyck is our prof. Apparently he is a very harsh marker...oh boy!...
IT'S MISSION TIME!: Last week Jim gave us a panthlet of the four different types of mission trips that we can choose from. They are all very different and range from 3200 to 0 dollars. The four options are India (costing the most), Colombia, New York, and inner city Vancouver. We have until this friday to give him our decision. I am really struggeling with my decision. I know that one thing that has been pressed on my heart is striving for a genuine and authentic faith in Christ. The India trip is all about prayer. It consists of 10-12 days of back packing through various villages and putting yourself out there and really seeing and feeling the power of prayer. I know that is one thing I sometimes take for granted. I want this to be an experience where i see new perspectives and know that God is the same here as he is there. So i think that India will really help that authenticity grow. I was also thinking of Vancouver. It is a completley different experience than India. I was talking to a previous Kaleo student and she said it was like "culture shock". You have no idea how big the poverty is in Vancouver unless you see it for yourself. She was telling me about all the experience she had helping out with broken families. It was really touching...but again..im just not sure where the calling is right now. If you could please pray for clarity and guidence toward these trips. :)
Thanks for all the prayers. I really needed that extra boost to finish my assignments. That was only the PRE COURSE stuff...imagine what the things we will be getting DURING clas...ohhhh boy!
Until next week, God Bless
Malayne

I totally know what you mean with the huge amounts of assignment over load!! I am glad you got through it!!! I'll be praying for your Missions trip decision...India sounds amazing!! but you can learn and help so much too just by being in Canada, so Vancouver would be amazing too!! Hope your having fun!!
Tracey
Hi my girl!
Praying for a clear dicision for you as you decide what trip to take. Love the picture of the trees. Your surroundings are so beautiful, it inspires the imagination to write excellent assignments. No wonder you are getting such good marks.
Love you
MOM