
Hello Everyone! Just want to thank you all for your prayers that you are giving me. You guys are a blessing.
This week has been quit eventful with guest groups coming into the camp, youth group and road tour.
Warmland youth group has been going really well. I work with the grade fives girls. They are so full of energy and questions. I love it! On Saturday night our youth group combined with Duncan youth and took off to Victoria for what they call "Road Tour." It's an event for the Qwanoes campers that attended camp in the summer. kind of like a follow up from summer to see who has gotten connected with a church and has maintained a weekly attendance. We sang Qwanoe songs, played games, had some food and listened to someone speak. There was about nine girls from grades five and six that came with us (ill have to post some pictures of them, they are so adorable.) They all really enjoyed themselves and couldn't wait until next years Road Tour. I had a chance to talk with one of the girls on the way home (she was about 14) on the bus. She has been attending the senior high youth group on Sunday nights for a while now and really enjoys it. She was telling me about her summer and some of the poor choices she made throughout those few months. She had been really dishonest with her parents about what she was getting into with her friends. She had also told me about her problem with depression that she faced during the summer. The results of that was cutting her wrists. I'm not sure if it was an attention thing or she was really struggling through something, but if you could please pray for her and for me to help her through her issues. I got her cell number and plan on taking her out for coffee soon. I really feel directed to be there for her. Again, im not sure how bad the situation is but she is taking counciling for it. She says it doesn't really help...but ya.
So we are officially done our first class...well not really..we still have a lot of papers to write, but our in time class is done. It went really well. I learned a lot. Marv Penner was a professor for Spiritual Formation (Virgel he remembers you!.) He gave us a lot of tips on how to read the bible, memorization, places of solitude to be alone with God, different ways to meditate on scripture and prayer. I feel a lot more relaxed when I'm having my time with God. Before the class i would always rush through my time with God and think of as many prayer requests i could at once. He taught me how to calm down and unwind my thoughts slowy which was really awesome. Marv also talked about the differences between how guys and girls think. It made me laugh a lot for some reason. I'll have to explain the whole thing another time because it's quite interesting.
Tomorrow we are headed out on our TOFINO SURF TRIP!!!!...I'm so excited for this. Jim was telling us there is going to be 30ft waves on wednesday and thursday! Can you believe that? Ill post pics of that for sure! it will be a site to see. I have never surfed before and im really scared of fish...so i hope it goes over well haha. And on friday we start our second class with Jim Badke (our Kaleo leader) on Camp Ministry. Im really looking forward to that. Jim has a lot of interesting things to say.
Thank you all again for the prayers and reading my BLOG. Kaleo office is going to send you guys updates in the mail pretty soon on how things are going here and what we are doing.
God Bless
Malayne

Malayne!! It sounds like you are having an awesome time!! I am so happy for you! If you need to know anything about teen suicide and cutting I know lots seeing how I wrote a paper on it ahah!! anyways!! i am super jealous about your surfing trip!! i will be praying for that little girl!! and ill be praying for you!! Miss you tons!! Love you
Tracey
Hey Malayne I really like your picture at the top of the page! That looks really neat!