• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Malayne's Life At The Click Of A Button

Called to Lead

Kaleo Ministry

This week has been spiritually challenging and exhausting, but at the same time it was refreshing and it put me in a state of vulnerability towards God. God gave me the opportunity to asses my relationship with him and it threw me out of my comfort zone inorder to become intentional with him. Now y0u may wonder "where did this inspirational thought come from?" A lot of it mainly had to do with our 24 hour, 4 day week of prayer. I had the privilege to pray with a couple girls in room 204 (where the prayer room is). During that time it was a chance to lift up what we had on our hearts in amazing conversations and blessed prayer. It brought me a lot of new insigts and encouragment. I felt like I could express myself in an authentic way. I had a lot on my mind, and I got to release my thoughts and perspectives. It was a freeing experience. It was an amazing place to be weak and vulnerable. "Your flesh is weak, but your spirit is strong"- Jim Badke

So last Saturday, Colleen (a lady that we met at church) invited a few of us girls to come with her to Victoria with a trunk full of sleeping bags, cloths, hats, mits, socks, hot chocoloate and cookies and headed out to the downtown area to hand everything out to the homeless. Colleen is an amazing women with a strong passionate heart for God as well as the homeless. During the 2 hours that we were there, a lot of them came and went, not really looking to talk. A few stayed around and we  had the chance to engage in really cool conversations. The thing with the guys on the street is they don't usually give out their real names. They introduce themselves with their given "street names." A guy named "Poet" came up to us and asked us about our lives and what we do. He concluded his conversation with a small poem on the topic of "Crack-cocain."...hmm...I thought to myself "Is this guy for real?" I stared at him until he was finished. His face had dried sores all over and you could tell he was on some sort of drug, but the words that came out of his mouth were so heart aching, real, raw and crack is what drives this man's life. Surprisingly I was not the one encouraging him to have a better life, he was the was influencing me to have a better life and to look to God for wisdom. Another man we were talking to was named "G". He has been on the streets for quite a few years floating around the area. We offered him a bible of the New Testament to take a look at. He was very interested in what we were doing and why we were doing it. Gerri (a guy from our church that also came along) closed our conversation in prayer. I was truly touched by his act of love. The relationships that were created that night was something I will remember forever. We are looking to go and do this again next month, so hopefully we can interact with those same people. I think God is showing me what my passions are and how much I have a heart for these people. G now would like to come out to our home church and see what we are all about, so we are picking him up next week from Duncan!! Man, God is good. I never even imagined that we would get such an impacting response. Something so little can turn into something life changing. 

This thursday we are heading out to Vancouver for missions fest. The Vancouver team will be staying with people that run the organization called "Inner Hope Missions." It is sort of a test run to check us out and what our personalities are like. I am really excited to meet them and hopefully they will like us! We are going to be attending the evening sessions and taking a tour of the booths that will be set up. It will be a really neat opportunity to take a look at all of the different mission organizations. I am currently looking into a Y-WAM mission for next January in Australia. I plan on getting a lot more information on it, so it will be really cool. 

I will wrap this up, sorry for such a descriptive BLOG. God Bless everyone and thank you for your prayers. 

Until Next week

Malayne



Read More 2 comments | Posted by Malayne edit post

2 comments

  1. Anonymous on February 4, 2009 at 6:58 PM

    Hi sweetie,
    Exciting week you had. What is God leading you to do??? I wonder what will unfold in your future. Your Bible verse is a good one and very comforting. Hey can hardly wait to see you on the 18 of Feb. Hope the weather is good. Sure is mild at the present.
    Love you dear
    MOM

     
  2. Anonymous on February 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM

    Malayne!
    Thats soo awesome!! Sounds like you had an amazing time in Victoria! I am so speechless to how amazing God is and how amazing He works! Did G come to church with you guys!?
    Tracey

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Color Paper

  • About
      About me. Edit this in the options panel.
  • Cathedral Park

    Cathedral Park

    SALTS

    SALTS

    E.P.I.C Mission

    E.P.I.C Mission

    Labels

    • The Roomies (1)

    Blog Archive

    • ▼  2009 (11)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ▼  January (2)
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Min.
    • ►  2008 (12)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ►  September (2)
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Malayne's Life at the Click of a Button. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top