• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

Malayne's Life At The Click Of A Button

Called to Lead

Kaleo Ministry

Well Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first official Blog posting! I' am very excited to share all of the amazing experiences that have happend to me in the past week! It seems like I have been here forever already! I' am really enjoying myself. The people that I am going to school with are awesome. We are already a tight knit family. Living by the ocean side, camp food, and amazing people that share the wonderful faith of God is quite the life. 

The first day here I had got assigned to a dorm and my two roomates showed up a little while after me. Their names are Jesse and Jayme. We get a long great. They are amazing girls. The first night we played a "get to know eachother game." Kind of an ice breaker type thing. There are 14 guys and 13 girls as students this year and we a have a huge Qwanoes staff team that are here year round keeping the camp in good condition. We as students help around camp when retreats come. (working in the kitchen, doing maintenance, working on the challenge courses etc..) 

I have already been "adopted" by a local chruch in Crofton (We are just five minutes outside of town.) About 6 of us out of Kaleo are attending. All of us got split into different groups and are attending different churches around the Crofton area. My Church is called Warmland Community. It is not like your usual everyday service. It is ment for non christian people, so Scott (the pastor) and the members make the church feel really welcoming, comfortable and opended to people who do not yet have a faith. I am really liking it so far. The youth group that they run is on wednesday nights for grades five through seven. The kids come from broken homes and are not very wealthy, but have good hearts. They love Stevie-G (the youth leader) and love what he does. I have only been once so far. I' am really excited to be apart of that church and I can't wait to be apart of what God is doing there. 

As a form of getting to know eachther more and a heck of a challenge, our team climbed 7000 ft high to the top of a mountain!! it was a 34 km hike totalling three days to complete. We were split into groups of five. It was such an amazing experience seeing everyone work together and support eachother. A lot of us were struggling to get up that mountain, but we did it. You could really see people's hearts and how much we all care about eachother. 



                   
     My Hiking Group                      
 

Jayme and I

Yesterday we had to write a letter in our Journals. The entry had a bit of a twist. Instead of writing the letter to God from myself, we had to write it from God for myself. It deffinitly made me think about what I need to change in myself to become a better leader. I loved that I could express myself and show who I really was in four page paper. 

So that about covers all of the fun filled events that is happening at Kaleo. Right now we have a big group staying for the weekend, about 275 people, so please pray for strength to get through the weekend. It will be hard work, but i am excited to serve. 

Thank you all coming to my blog. i hope you enjoyed yourself. The entries will be a little different for now on and i will give you guys A LOT more to pray about haha.
I miss all of you and looking forward to seeing you at christmas

God Bless

Ps. sorry for the spelling and grammer erros. this program does not have spell check!!!
Read More 4 comments | Posted by Malayne edit post

4 comments

  1. Anonymous on September 21, 2008 at 5:41 PM

    ahaha Oh May. keep up th blogs imma bookmark and check periodically.

     
  2. Malayne on September 21, 2008 at 8:04 PM

    haha Bruce!!! yay im glad you are my first comment!!! I will update every monday!! haha

     
  3. virgel Sutherland on September 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM

    Hey kayak buddie, how is everything? let me know as soon as you get a phone so i can call. seems so long since the hedge hogs could attack....... anyways

     
  4. Anonymous on September 27, 2008 at 10:52 PM

    malayne I really enjoyed your first blogg note. God is doing a wonderful work in all of you. What a terrific experience and opportunity to grow.
    You are in my prayers daily.
    love you Sweetie,MOM
    Sue Chase would like to be on the list.Can you add her? kerusse@telus.net
    Thanks

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Home

Color Paper

  • About
      About me. Edit this in the options panel.
  • Cathedral Park

    Cathedral Park

    SALTS

    SALTS

    E.P.I.C Mission

    E.P.I.C Mission

    Labels

    • The Roomies (1)

    Blog Archive

    • ►  2009 (11)
      • ►  April (3)
      • ►  March (3)
      • ►  February (3)
      • ►  January (2)
    • ▼  2008 (12)
      • ►  December (2)
      • ►  November (4)
      • ►  October (4)
      • ▼  September (2)
        • Kaleo Ministry
        • Kaleo Ministry
  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Malayne's Life at the Click of a Button. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top